Are you an experienced Legal Counsel, with a genuine interest in employment laws and platform economy? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling the international expansion in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and 100+ cities across EMEA with 8M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
In August 2020 we opened our first office in Germany in Berlin. Now that we have the local founding team in place, we have started expanding into other cities too and will continue hiring in our teams in different cities in Germany. This is an extremely important moment for Wolt as Germany has the second largest food delivery market in Europe. We see a massive opportunity to build a winning business by offering a world-class customer experience with short delivery time, fast & local customer service and reliability.
To achieve all this, we are now looking for a Legal Counsel to guide us along the way and to ensure we are acting in accordance with the local laws and regulations, with particular focus on employment laws. In this brand new role you will be responsible for all the legal matters in Germany, working alongside the local General Manager and local team, as well as the Legal team and other central functions in Helsinki and other locations. Your mission is to ensure our growth in Germany is sustainable from a legal perspective.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support Wolt’s business in Germany. Generalist skills and strong expertise with a solutions-driven can-do attitude are an absolute must.
- Own the relevant regulatory landscape for Wolt’s operations in Germany, including following regulatory developments
- Improve our existing contract processes and templates with our employed couriers, operational employees as well as merchant and other business partners in Germany and other designated markets
- Develop practices and ways of working, and proactively lead from legal perspective such as work/residence permit matters, occupational health & safety, employment contracts etc
- Support the local team with any ad hoc legal matters that arise
Our humble expectations
- 7+ years of legal experience from a law firm and/or as in-house counsel in an international setting.
- Master of Laws degree and a qualified lawyer in Germany. Additional LL.M. degree from Europe or the US is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Passion for technological innovations and high growth businesses
- Experience in providing advice regarding German employment laws and several of the following: platform economy; e-commerce; consumer protection; data protection and privacy; general contract law; mobile payments; and /or marketing
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios
- Fluent in English and German
- EU work permit
- Willingness to travel when needed
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 100 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and most recently, Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.