Senior Public Policy Manager, Nordics
Are you an experienced Public Policy professional, with a genuine interest in technological innovations and platform economy? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling the international expansion in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and 100+ cities across EMEA with 8M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally.
To achieve our next growth targets, we are now looking for a Public Policy Manager to join and lead all policy matters in the Nordic regions (Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway).
In this brand new role you will be responsible for all the policies related to the Nordics, working alongside the local General Managers, and reporting to the Head of Global Public Policy as part of the Legal team based in Helsinki HQ.
Your mission is to ensure that public policy supports our sustainable growth in the Nordics and that we are a constructive partner to policy makers. You feel home at the intersection of law, politics, and business. We truly want you to be an expert but also someone who is curious and eager to learn and grow with us. You will take full ownership of our engagement with policy makers across the nordic region and elevate Wolt’s ability to participate in relevant societal and regulatory debates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in emerging policy debates and regulatory developments around issues such as platform work; e-commerce; platform regulation; competition policy and sustainability
- Engage with policy makers at all levels and brief, prep, and advice country teams, in particular our General Managers on all policy matters as well as manage external agencies
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments in the relevant regions and assess their impact on our business
- Coordinate with other teams internally (in particular legal and comms)
- Develop engagement strategies, company positions, materials, and policy proposals
- Work with relevant external partner (agencies, trade associations, other platform operators, think thanks etc)
- Cover all legislative, policy, and enforcement initiatives impacting our business
- Take global ownership of certain public policy initiatives, e.g. sustainability (i.e. coordinating our global efforts on these issues)
- Proactively and independently assess and decide on any actions that help us to make sure our voice is heard in relevant processes
Our humble expectations
- Ideally 10+ years of public policy experience in an agency, in-house, or government role
- Masters degree in law, public policy, political science or similar
- Solid experience in leading on public policy matters in the Nordic region
- Ability to represent the company at the highest levels of decision making
- Brilliant mind with ability to think strategically and develop creative and constructive policy proposals
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams
- Analytical mindset to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios
- Fluent in English and at least one additional nordic language
- Willingness to travel
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 100 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and most recently, Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.