Are you a treasury professional with experience from payments and cash management? Would you like to be our first Treasury Specialist and be part of building and developing Wolt's Treasury? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from central Helsinki HQ has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we´re now looking for our first Treasury Specialist to strengthen the Treasury area with focus on global payments and cash management. This is a new position and the Treasury Specialist will operate in the Wolt Treasury. You will be responsible for daily TMS tasks, global payments, payments compliance management and cash management.
You will be working in the centralised Finance Team at Wolt’s HQ in Helsinki and cooperate closely with our AR & AP Specialist, Controllers, Accounting Specialists and other Wolt teams. You will report to the Treasury & Cash Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Check banking connectivity and ensure proper bank statement integration to TMS
- Reconciliations, both manually and checking bank reconciliations in order to ensure all funds have moved as expected
- Daily Bank/Cash variance reporting and analysis of rejected bank statements
- Manage daily payment processing for all our Wolt countries and ensure that payments are executed in timely manner before cut-off times
- Monitor and manage daily group company cash positions and liquidity forecasts in our TMS
- Support with short- and long term cash forecasting
- Support with KYC / AML requests
- Keep up-to-date on changes and trends in the domestic and international Bank sector for Payments and communicating Bank regulations that impact Payments.
- Contribute on innovation and automation research that will drive accuracy and efficiency of Payments.
- Participate in projects related to Treasury operations such as, payment process development, payment compliance, automated cash forecasting, hedge accounting and other ad-hoc projects.
Our humble expectations
- You have solid experience in a cash management and payments role, ideally within a global corporate- and/or bank
- Excellent understanding of different payment formats, payment processes, cash management, cash positioning, forecasting, foreign exchange and treasury accounting.
- Experience of banking systems / payment factories / treasury management systems (ideally Kyriba)
- Experience with and knowledge of back office tasks related to derivative instruments and FX hedging and hedge accounting under IFRS 9 is an advantage
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Banking
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent Qlik Sense skills
- Ability to pick up new skills and tasks quickly
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive attitude and willingness to improve current procedures
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Must be eligible to work in Finland
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Application deadline is January 17th, although we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today! Please keep in mind that we expect to have the first interviews during week 3 and 4.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Mikala Beckendorff, Talent Acquisition Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!