Do you have a solid background in strategy and operations? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 110 cities, servicing over 7M registered users. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Poland ever since we entered the market in 2018. We’re now in six cities with more to come!
This growth has been achieved due to the incredible drive of our amazing team - we're motivated to grow even more and as such, we’re looking for like-minded people to help us achieve our next goals. We plan to scale even more in 2021 and our new Operations Manager will be a crucial part of this!
As an Operations Manager at Wolt you are the person in charge of the courier partner operation in your country. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one; either so that it arrives on time at the right location, or that if something goes wrong, it is handled amazingly well - in a kind and professional manner by our support team.
All of this requires both people leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty and working well together with your General Manager, as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
What you’ll be doing
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Onboard, retain and grow the number of happy courier partners on Wolt’s platform to ensure a healthy and sustainable delivery operation in the city
- Plan the supply of couriers for your city/cities and develop attractive schedules and earning models for courier partners
- Managing the payments of our courier partners
- Work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Lead the expansion into new cities in strong cooperation with the restaurant team
Our humble expectations
- You might have a background in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development
- This job requires strategic planning, but it also requires a lot of hands-on doing. You’ll get to both make the analysis and execute on it. This is why we wish you have the ability to combine an analytical mind with a hands-on, getting things done approach – while being great with people.
- You need leadership skills and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- You’re able to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You’ll be working closely with your General Manager and the rest of the country team. It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation
- You're fluent in both Polish & English
- You are willing to do what it takes and learn how to become a successful entrepreneur
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!