Senior Legal Counsel
Are you an experienced legal professional seeking a varied and challenging role? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform.
We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Legal superstars have been an integral part throughout this journey - they’ve consistently been at the forefront of building and scaling legal and compliance operations in all of Wolt’s markets. Naturally, as the company expanded, so has our Legal team. We’ve bolstered the team with new skill-sets over the last 12 months and we’re now looking to add the next piece of the puzzle - a Senior Legal Counsel in Israel!
Our journey within Israel started in the fall of 2018. Since then, we’ve launched in 15 cities and the country has become one of our fastest-growing ‘Woltwide’. Considering how important Israel has become for us, we think now is the perfect time to bring in somebody on the ground in Tel-Aviv to handle all of our legal affairs locally, with a specific focus on employment law.
In this brand new role, you’ll be part of our growing Legal & Public Policy team that supports our business worldwide, so you’ll be operating in a truly international environment, whilst reporting to our headquarters in Helsinki.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to tackle a number of complicated legal issues, but also someone who understands the Wolt way of doing things; a problem-solver with an entrepreneurial streak, a self-starting business-driver. A solid understanding of the platform economy would be fantastic and it goes without saying that you are a true ‘people person’ :)
What you’ll be doing
- Generalist: As Wolt’s Senior Legal Counsel, you’ll support Wolt’s business in Israel and selected other countries in all legal matters. Generalist skills and strong expertise with a solutions-driven can-do attitude are an absolute must.
- Deep expertise: The regulation in our space is increasing and becoming more challenging to navigate and manage as the company grows. In addition to generalist skills, we expect you to have expertise in Israeli employment laws and hopefully also other specific fields relevant for our business.
- Regulatory landscape: You will own the relevant regulatory landscape for Wolt’s operations in Israel, including following regulatory developments and supporting the team with any ad hoc legal matters that arise.
- Handling contracts: You’ll help us improve our existing contract processes and templates with our merchant, courier and other business partners in Israel and other designated markets.
- Getting things done: We are looking for people who proactively do useful things that no one told them to do and who tend to find a way when they know something needs to be done.
Our humble expectations
- 7+ years of legal experience from a law firm and/or as in-house counsel in an international setting.
- Master of Laws degree and a qualified lawyer in Israel. Additional LL.M. degree from Europe or the US is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Solid experience in providing advice regarding several of the following: platform economy, employment law, e-commerce, consumer protection, data protection and privacy, general contract law, mobile payments, marketing.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams and working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Fluent in English and Hebrew.
- Willingness to travel.
If you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and being part of an extremely high performing team, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Katariina Salomaki, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 100 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.