Head of Operations
Do you have a solid background in strategy and operations? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 110 cities, servicing over 7M registered users. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Our journey in the Baltics started four years ago with a few people in a small office in Estonia. Fast-forward to today and we have a team of almost 80 people, we work together with over 1600 restaurant partners and 4000 courier partners, and we’ve launched in 7 other cities with more to come!
This growth has been achieved due to the incredible drive of our amazing team - these guys are motivated to grow even more and as such, we’re looking for like-minded people to help us achieve our next goals. We’re now growing further our Baltic organization and our new Head of Operations will be crucial in this process.
As our Head of Operations at Wolt you are the person who is in charge of the courier partner operation in the Baltic region. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one. Either so that it arrives on time at the right location, or that if something goes wrong, it is handled amazingly well, kindly and professionally by our support.
In this role you will be both hands-on and strategic. This means you will be leading the Operations Team consisting of Operations Manager, Specialists and Associates, that are tasked with building, maintaining and scaling a highly efficient delivery operation that can continually support market demand. All of this requires both leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty and working well together with your General Manager, as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
What you'll be doing
- Leading the operations team in the Baltics and recruiting needed talent. This means managing the food-delivery service by ensuring a kind, professional and thought-through user experience, all the way from our restaurant partners to our couriers to our hungry customers
- Building and maintaining efficient delivery operations across markets.
- Creating and improving business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Making sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with to improve and scale our business
- Owning Courier supply planning and delivery area
- Influencing courier pricing, delivery pricing and venue locations
- Working closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Leading the expansion into new cities in strong cooperation with other teams
Our humble expectations
- This job requires strategic planning, but it also requires a lot of hands-on doing. You’ll get to both make the analysis and execute on it. This is why we wish you have the ability to combine an analytical mind with a hands-on, getting things done approach – while being great with people.
- You need leadership skills and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- You’re able to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You’ll be working closely with your General Manager and the rest of the country teams. It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation.
- You are willing to do what it takes and learn how to become a successful entrepreneur
- Preferably you have a background in management consulting
- Fluent in one of the Baltic languages and English is a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to start interviews in the beginning of January.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!