IT On-Site Support Specialist
Are you a passionate IT professional seeking a varied and challenging role? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and expanded to new areas ranging from retail, groceries, and broader retail to running our own grocery stores. While doing this, we’ve become a truly global company, currently operating in 23 countries and 100+ cities across EMEA with 8M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
Due to our increased growth in Japan, we're now looking for an IT on-site support specialist to join our team in Tokyo. In this brand new role you will be ensuring the team has everything related to IT in place and act as the specialist for the local team. More specifically, you’ll be managing the local IT logistics, hardware stock and support the team in any enquiries related to IT issues.
You will be working as part of the central IT team based in Helsinki HQ, but fully drive the local responsibilities in Japan. This is a great opportunity to take ownership and be part of building and developing Wolt’s IT operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating and running the local IT logistics (incl. local IT stock management) across multiple offices
- Maintaining devices including employee devices, meeting rooms, printers etc.
- Ensuring the team has access to all of the relevant systems
- Supporting local end-users with IT issues ad hoc
- Building great relationships with the team members to ensure smooth collaboration when there are system changes and actions required from team members
- Working together with the central IT team in the HQ, and reporting to the IT Manager
- Assist in the global IT support and take initiative to make suggestions and improvements in any areas you see that need to be updated / optimised
Our humble expectations
- Strong interest and relevant experience in providing IT support in an office environment
- Fluency in Japanese and great English skills as you will be using both languages when communicating with the central IT team and the country office
- Technical knowledge Hardware, MacOS and Windows knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Willingness to travel if needed
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with hardware and physical networks
- Hardware sourcing experience
- Planning IT infrastructure experience
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!