Retail Development Manager
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a true ‘service first’ mindset? Do you have a strong understanding of retail operations in Finland? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
As Retail Development Manager, you’ll be one of our first superstar hires into this new segment for us in Finland. Your focus will be on driving incremental revenue and providing the tools and support for our partners to make sure they thrive on our platform and increase sales while improving operational aspects. With this in mind, you need to be super passionate about account management and business development, but also able to adapt and change your tone and approach depending on the type of partner you’re working with.
On a personal note, it goes without saying that you’re a team player and willing to get your hands dirty as we build this new area of our business in Finland! As time progresses and more Retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you'll be doing
- Successfully onboarding and training venues together with Retail Associates, providing them with all the tools and information to start working as soon as possible.
- Driving and managing Month over Month sales growth of our current venues and improving venue performance by measuring critical KPIs, strong analysis and frequent quality and satisfaction checks.
- Owning the partner’s assortment - suggesting which products should be listed initially, and working with the partner to constantly add/remove items to improve customer conversion.
- Working with the partner to improve overall conversion rates by sharing tools and best practices to help ensure the partner’s success.
- Getting feedback from our partners and translating it into product, marketing and operations improvement
- Key communicator between our operations and Retail partners.
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with Retail partners.
Our humble expectations
- You have proven experience from previous account management, business development or similar role.
- You are a self-starter, reliable team player with the ability to deliver results on-time and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You cultivate extensive mutually beneficial relationships
- You are structured, detailed, and service-oriented.
- Strong analytical experience and specific knowledge of analytical dashboards - for example, Looker or Power BI.
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a bias for action and impact.
- You have a proactive mentality - an independent thinker who can work with limited guidance but can deliver a successful outcome. through grit and determination
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt tone to suit the audience.
- Fluent in Finnish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the closing date for applications is Sunday January 17th 2021 - we'll be looking to start interviews thereafter. :)
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!