Regional Operations Manager
Are you a stellar operations professional, who enjoys driving performance and leading large complex improvement projects? Do you have great stakeholder management skills? If this sounds like you, then read further!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown rapidly in the past few years - after launching our service in Finland in 2015, we’ve expanded to operate in 23 countries across Europe and Asia!
As the business is growing, we need to ensure that we have scalable processes and structures to ensure our delivery operations run smoothly across all our markets. As such, we are looking for a Regional Operations Manager to join our Global Operations team at HQ in Helsinki!
The Regional Operations Manager will work closely with the regional management and local teams and will be responsible for ensuring consistently great delivery service performance within the assigned region. The role will also produce demand-supply balancing inputs, and optimise ops processes to enhance fleet efficiency. In this role, you will provide regular operational performance updates to senior stakeholders, promptly diagnose failures and develop recovery actions to drive improvements. This is a highly collaborative and impact-driven role so a demonstrated strong ability to lead cross-functional teams without authority is a key requisite.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead change across our local operations teams in your assigned region to improve operative performance and output of our delivery operations.
- Improve our delivery efficiency - using analytics to identify areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to increase the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery operations.
- Implement strategic and operational projects - identifying, prioritising, managing, and executing projects to a deadline to improve operational performance in line with business priorities.
- Continuously monitor our operative performance - design KPIs, identify trends and improvement areas, and ensure continued courier partner satisfaction.
- Experimenting new ways of working - running local tests to ascertain impact of creative solutions and levers when optimising for order demand or new operating models.
- Cross-functional collaboration - liaising with Product, Expert hubs and Ops teams, influencing senior stakeholders and drive operational improvements as well as supporting local markets as much as possible
Our humble expectations
- You are a solid operations leader with relevant experience working in complex fast-paced environments (e.g. top tech company and/or startup) and in consulting.
- Ability to grasp complex and detailed concepts and tooling easily and quickly, simplifying them where needed.
- Ability to use large data sets to extract relevant information to both identify and resolve issues. Proficiency in MS Excel / Google Sheets is required, while SQL is highly desirable.
- Ability to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Ability to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders through both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects in an effective manner (excellent people skills and ability to motivate).
- You have a demonstrated track record of ‘getting things done’.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We are reviewing the applications on an on-going basis, so make sure you apply today!
If you have any questions, you can direct them to:
Krista Allinen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications via email, so make sure you submit them via our jobs page - thank you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!