Retail Business Manager
Do you have experience in building retail operations from scratch? Do you have a proven-track record of driving sales and growth? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Germany has the 2nd largest food delivery market in Europe. We see an opportunity to build a winning business in the market by offering a world-class customer experience with short delivery time, fast & local customer service and reliability. We have an appetite to expand to multiple cities in a matter of months.
We started from Berlin in Aug 2020. We have the local founding team in place and we’ve started expansion to the next cities. However, we’re only getting started. In just a few months, we are looking to hire hundreds of couriers and tens of other roles in our teams in different cities. We will continue to partner with hundreds of restaurants to feed our hungry customers. But that’s not it! At the same time, we will be expanding our verticals and soon step into the world of retail delivery.
Our retail business is a brand new arm for both Wolt and our users in Germany. As our first Retail Business Manager, this means that you will have the ability to shape the strategy for how we acquire, onboard and develop retail businesses via the Wolt app.
You will also work together with the country team, including General Manager, Partnership Manager, Operations Manager, Marketing Managers and Head of Support to grow and develop Wolt’s retail partnership portfolio, doing whatever it takes to sign, launch and manage successful retail venues of all sizes.
What you’ll be doing
- Define and implement the retail sales strategy for the market to ensure we have the best portfolios
- Build, improve and manage end to end sales processes (e.g. from lead generation to post-sales development)
- Take ownership of growing Wolt’s Retail business for both big retailers and local shops through ensuring merchant success. This will be done by creating tools, reports and processes to help merchants launch and improve performance on our platform
- Evaluate the market potential - such as commission levels in each retail vertical, mapping potential new areas, identifying gaps in the venue portfolio, and developing plans to achieve targets.
- Work closely with marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with retail partners
- Continuously train and develop the whole local Retail team
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background in building retail operations from scratch - that means everything from defining the strategy to executing!
- You have demonstrated the ability to close partnerships with various company sizes (from C-level executives to small business owners).
- You’re process-driven and proactive - you know how to build a solid end to end sales process and you’re constantly looking for ways to improve
- You have demonstrated the ability to juggle multiple projects and you know how to prioritise accordingly
- You have excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Experience as both a “hunter” closing deals and a “farmer” cultivating relationships and managing accounts is a plus
- You’re a self-starter with willingness to roll out your sleeves and do what is necessary to succeed
- Fluency/near-native language skills in German and English are a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Application deadline is January 31st 2021.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Paris Lay, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!