Restaurant Development Team Lead
Are you an experienced account management professional that’s hungry for your next big challenge? Do you have previous experience from team leadership? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Finland ever since our launch in 2015. Today we have over 2000 restaurant partners in 23 cities across the country. As such, we’re now looking for a Restaurant Development Team Lead to lead the local Restaurant Development Team while acting as the account manager of our key restaurant partners.
In this role, you’ll be managing and developing a team of Restaurant Development Managers and Restaurant Associates, as well as going into the field to set examples for your team to follow. Your job will be to challenge the way we onboard and support our partners by improving our processes, tooling and using data to support your intuition and evaluating the results. You will also be responsible for optimising venue performance on our platform and driving revenue growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving and managing growth of our current venues together with your team by improving venue performance through strong analysis and consultation.
- Taking ownership of the relationships together with your RDMs from the RPMs once the contract is signed, and successfully onboarding and training venues together with RAs.
- Building long-term restaurant relationships post-onboarding, and being the key communicator between our operations and restaurant partners.
- Using data to help optimize venue performance by improving key metrics related to restaurant operations and sales.
- Performing frequent quality and satisfaction checks to ensure service standards.
- Building and developing account management practices
- Conducting renegotiations with venues alongside RPMs.
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with restaurant partners.
- Setting KPIs for the local Restaurant Team and providing performance feedback.
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop.
- Leading by example in terms of demonstrating Wolt values and behaviours.
Our humble expectations
- Solid experience from a previous key account management role.
- Strong leadership skills and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt tone to suit the audience.
- Experience from using analytics platforms or strong Excel skills.
- Structured, detailed and service-oriented.
- Passion for food and developing the best restaurants in town.
- Experience from working with a CRM system is a plus.
- Fluent in Finnish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
Application deadline is Sunday January 17th, however we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so send through your application ASAP :)
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!