Head of Support
Are you a good mix of being able to think strategically and working hands-on? Are you passionate about customer support? Are you a solid team leader with experience in managing a high-performing team? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners. We launched in Baku in summer 2019, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step.
Our Support team is growing, and as such, we are currently looking for our new Head of Support to lead Azerbaijan’s whole Support organization! Our local Customer Support team soon consists of 30 hard-working individuals and a Customer Support Lead, who work daily on providing our customers’ and courier partners’ the best possible service and support. At Wolt, our support teams are the glue that holds together the marketplace. It’s not just about solving problems, it’s about providing memorable experiences!
In this role you will work closely with our operations and restaurant teams to ensure we are delivering the ‘best in the world’ service on all fronts from our customers to our partners. In addition, you will spar with our Global Head of Support on any product or feature improvements.
This is a brand new role for us and we’re looking for someone to take our support organisation to the next level. So, we are looking for someone with senior skills and junior enthusiasm.
If you have what it takes, we look forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Manage, mentor & motivate: You will manage several teams within the support organisation. This includes acting as a sparring partner for the Customer Support Team Leads and helping them raise the bar in their teams.
- Problem solving: You will be both proactive and reactive with incoming and foreseen problems that may occur in support. You will influence a solution-oriented mindset and ensure we are implementing best practices and ways of working.
- Driving performance: You will be a driving force to ensure we are delivering the best support to our customers and partners. Your analytical mindset will dig into our support metrics to make the best kind of decisions and set the right expectations.
- Strategize and execute: You will utilise our internal data tools to help you develop a sustainable strategy then execute on it. Your focus will be on constant improvements and maintaining a high level of satisfaction from our customers and partners.
- Scale smart: We will grow team-size, and in order to cope with demand, we need to do things smarter day by day.
- Grow your organisation and support teams: You design the organisational setup that preps us for success. Also, you have a strong eye for talent as you will be hiring the right people to grow your support teams.
Our humble expectations
- You have solid people management experience and a proven track record of leading high-performing teams.
- Your background might be in customer strategy consulting or customer operations excellence, however your primary focus is on solving problems, no matter how big or small.
- You have experience in project management.
- You enjoy leading and growing a team and making sure your colleagues always understand the purpose of what they do and what defines a great performance.
- You have an analytical and curious mindset - you understand support metrics and you’re not afraid to question ‘why’.
- You will have budget ownership and are therefore able to translate data into actions and explain how your team is progressing according to KPI’s and budget.
- You are able to think on your feet, and multi-tasking is your second nature.
- You enjoy learning and teaching others. Preferably, you are also tech savvy.
- You have a can-do attitude and you are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You can formulate yourselves very well, both verbally as well as in written form in Azerbaijan, English and Russian.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to: email@example.com
Please remember to add your CV to the application and submit your application through our careers site, thank you! We do not accept applications sent by mail.
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!