Do you have a solid background in strategy and business development? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
We launched in Sweden back in 2016 and from there, we’ve already expanded to 12 cities with more to come. As we continue to grow and expand across Sweden, we are looking for our next Operations Manager!
As an Operations Manager at Wolt, you are the person responsible for the courier partner operation in your region. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one. This is equally a hands-on and strategic role as you and your team will be onboarding, training and maintaining a healthy community of thousands of motivated and happy courier partners. This requires both leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty and working well together with your General Manager as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations, you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
What you will do
- Lead the operations team in Sweden
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Onboard, retain and grow the number of happy courier partners on Wolt’s platform to ensure a healthy and sustainable delivery operation in the city
- Plan the supply of couriers for cities across Sweden and develop attractive schedules and earning models for courier partners
- Manage the payments of our courier partners
- Be a part of the local management team and work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Lead the expansion into new cities in strong cooperation with the restaurant team
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid track record in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development
- This job requires strategic planning, but it also requires a lot of hands-on doing. You’ll get to both make the analysis and execute on it. This is why we wish you have the ability to combine an analytical mind with a hands-on, getting things done approach – while being great with people
- You’re able to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You need leadership skills and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- You have the ability to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders through both verbal and written communications.
- You’ll be working closely with your General Manager and the rest of the country team. It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation
- Fluent in Swedish and English is a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.