HR Operations Specialist
Are you an experienced People / HR Operations professional, with a genuine interest and passion towards the operational side of HR? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling HR Operations in a truly global tech organization, spreading across 23 markets? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 9M registered users - and this is only the beginning.
The People team of Wolt is currently consisting of about 25 HR and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo. To reach our next exciting stage growth plans, we are now expanding our People team and looking for an experienced HR Operations Specialist to join our team at the Helsinki HQ office.
As an HR Operations Specialist you’ll be joining a growing team of specialists who manage the daily operations globally. You’ll be working at the heart of our People Operations, taking ownership of the countries dedicated to you and the local people processes and practices, HR solutions and data. By collaborating closely with local Team Leads and General Managers you’ll play a pivotal role in building Wolt’s world class employee experience.
On the tech front, we’re in the process of implementing our new HR solution, Workday. We will go live across the whole company in mid-March 2021. You would be joining at a critical moment in the deployment project and so prior experience with Workday would be an advantage to you and us both.
What you’ll be doing
- Partnering with local managers to proactively support on all HR and people-related matters in your dedicated Wolt countries.
- Offering full employee life cycle support to employees in those countries, from onboarding to offboarding, and on all of their HR and people related questions in between.
- Working closely with the local partners in Helsinki HQ (e.g. payroll and legal) and ensuring that our people operations are running smoothly in all of “your” countries.
- Driving improvements in our country-specific policies, practices and manager guides as well as drafting and advising on local benefit and compensation related matters.
- Managing and maintaining data in Workday, and working with a bunch of other integrated systems.
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background from working in People / HR Operations, in a multi-country, global environment.
- You have previously worked closely with Workday (or other HR systems), people policies (creation and maintenance) and compensation and benefits related topics.
- You have some hands-on experience with the payroll cycle.
- You have a strong understanding of all core people processes, with a view of what works and what doesn’t.
- Hands-on experience from HR solution administration and process design is considered a strong advantage.
- A passion for tech and data is a must, as you’ll be taking care of HR related reporting and analytics.
- You are a strong communicator, with near native fluency in English.
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Finally, a recent member of the team compared Wolt to a “fast moving river, filled with white water rapids”. If this excites you - then you’re precisely the person we want to hear from!
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.