Payments Compliance Lead
Are you an experienced professional with a background in the banking or payments industry and looking for challenges with a drive to build something new? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then please read on
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and expanded to new areas ranging from retail, groceries, and broader retail to running our own grocery stores. While doing this, we’ve become a truly global company, currently operating in 23 countries and 130+ cities across EMEA with 10M+ registered users - and this is only the beginning.
Our Legal superstars have been an integral part throughout this journey - they’ve consistently been at the forefront of building and scaling legal and compliance operations in all of Wolt’s markets. This continues as our Legal and Public Policy team keeps on growing.
We are now opening a new role focused on driving Wolt’s payments compliance across all of our 23 countries. At Wolt payments form the backbone of our business, and we have been developing new technical solutions in this area in recent months. If a key role in the crossroads of Fintech, finance and compliance sounds interesting to you, this may be your time to join our rocket ship and use your skills in building and driving Wolt’s compliance in this key area. In addition to payments and payouts related compliance and legal questions, the role also includes global ownership of Wolt’s anti-money laundering and sanctions related compliance matters. In this role you will be based in the Helsinki HQ, be part of our growing legal team and work closely especially with our product, tech and finance teams.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to tackle a number of complex compliance issues, but also someone who understands the Wolt way of doing things; a problem-solver with an entrepreneurial mindset, a self-starting business-driver. Our ideal team member is flexible and open for change, dynamic, and proactively gets things done. It goes without saying that you are also a true ‘people person’ who enjoys working closely with others.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Expertise: You will be responsible for Wolt’s payments compliance in all of our markets and be the key discussion partner for our Fintech and finance people building together payments related processes and solutions. You would also have global ownership of Wolt’s anti-money laundering and sanctions related compliance matters.
- Risk management and mitigation: When supporting the business, you will need to be weighing and clearly communicating risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios as well as finding solutions.
- Regulatory landscape: You will own the regulatory landscape for payments and other relevant compliance topics, including participating in and impacting regulatory developments and supporting the team with any ad hoc compliance matters that arise.
- Getting things done: We are looking for people who proactively do useful things that no one told them to do and who tend to find a way when they know something needs to be done.
Our humble expectations
- 7+ years of experience from compliance/legal matters after graduation including at least 3+ years of experience from the banking/payments industry with hands-on experience of building compliance processes and driving payments compliance.
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in the EU or other appropriate education.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with varied teams and working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios and identify features for product development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Fluent in English.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.