Senior Manager, Communications
Do you love telling stories through facts, data and compelling language? Are you a curious person who loves to dive deeper into interesting topics? Do you find new situations, cultures and contexts thrilling? If your answer to the above questions is “yes yes and yes again,'' you might be exactly who we’re looking for!
Wolt has grown quickly. Just about two years ago, we operated in 4 countries and 10 cities in the Nordics – fast forward to today and we help restaurants and courier partners earn, and our customers discover and get great food in 23 countries and over 128 cities across EMEA. Today, Wolt is made by 2200 dedicated people, four of which handle our comms and PR from our HQ in Finland.
Wolt launched in Israel at the end of 2018, and has in the short 2 years since grown to become a nationally known brand. The media attention on Wolt in Israel is intense, and we now need a Sr. Manager of Communications to own our media relations in Israel.
The Israel comms team is a part of the central comms team, which is based at Wolt HQ in Helsinki, Finland. The team helps all of our 23 countries handle their public relations, as well as looks after Wolt’s reputation, and leads all sorts of proactive communications efforts across multiple areas of business. This role plays a central part in developing Wolt’s mindshare in the media and the eye of the public.
Our communications team is looking for a stellar individual – someone who is experienced in strategic communications, public and media relations, crisis communications and project management. As the Sr. Manager of Communications for Israel, you will own external communications and media relations in Israel, and play an important role in both the country team and central team. As the business is growing, we need more muscle to join our forces and handle external communications.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan and execute proactive communications efforts on both owned and earned (corporate) channels.
- Handle in-bound media requests and coordinate information flow across our organisation.
- Provide expert advice and strategic council in crisis situations.
- Participate in public discourse as spokesperson for Wolt in Israel.
- Develop great written materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts, Q&A’s, social media posts and more).
- Continuously communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media contacts.
- Act as a point-of-contact for media enquiries.
- Own the relationship with external PR agencies.
Our humble expectations
- You might have an agency or reporter background, or you’ve worked with communications and PR at an international company - ideally, you'll have extensive experience of both
- You love to write and can fluently communicate in Hebrew and English.
- Background in technology or delivery platforms is a plus.
- Great organizational skills, able to handle 10+ work streams at the same time.
- Ability to occasionally travel abroad.
If you are a critical thinker who loves to think strategically and execute with precision, you might be just the one we are looking for!
Apart from a competitive salary, we offer you stock options. This way, you can have a piece of the pie as we continue to grow. Of course we would say this, but it’s worth stating that Wolt is a great place to work. We have a warm vibe and fun colleagues. We help each other grow.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.