Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 150 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users.
We launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for an Expansion Manager.
Reporting to Japan’s Head of Expansion or Regional GM, the Expansion Manager travels around the country launching new cities for Wolt. This includes hiring people to the team you’re leading. It’s a very hands on role with wide responsibilities where you would need to manage everything or some parts from onboarding restaurants and courier partners to planning marketing activities and managing the P&L forecasts. The Expansion Manager spends most of the year traveling. Work is done together with the team you would be leading.
What you’ll be doing
- Travel to new cities and prioritise the launch order & resources with the team
- Lead a team to successful launches and beyond
- Plan the launch & long-term strategy for your city/region
- Leverage the central resources to be more efficient
- Establish local relationships and partnerships with restaurants and other local partners
- Hire the best possible people for Wolt, get them up to speed and give tools for success
- Be informed, get involved and make things happen
- Do the job of a position we are missing from the team until we find the right person
- Set the standards, lead by example and represent Wolt by living through our values
Our humble expectations
- Preferably experience from management consulting, entrepreneurial projects, venture capital, working as a business analyst, or other similar experience
- Preferably a degree in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
- Analytical mindset and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to understand, analyze, and optimize complex businesses
- Curiosity and entrepreneurship, high degree of business acumen
- Love for traveling! As you will be ‘living out of a suitcase’ for most of the year
- Fluent in Japanese & English
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 150 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.