Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 150 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users.
We launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for a Launcher.
Reporting to the Head of Expansion or Regional GM, the Launcher, Operations will take responsibility for launching courier partner operations in a given city. It’s all about establishing the foundation, finding the first courier partners, organising equipment and training the local employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Launch courier partner operations in a given city
- Establish our base of courier partners and build a plan for success
- Train local employees to take over after the launch
- Creating and improving processes to drive operational efficiency to allow the business operations to scale
- Digging into data to support supply planning for a balanced level of courier partners across expansion cities and provide insights to continuously improve core KPI’s
- Analyzing other important data, e.g. operational performance (delivery time, costs, service level, ratings), restaurant performance and support performance in order to help each team thrive through data-based decision making
- Willingness to travel - this job requires a lot of traveling as you will be moving forward to the next city once previous is launched
Our humble expectations
- Relevant analytical experience or a student job working with MS Excel
- A fast learner with attention to details and a strong analytical mindset
- Degree in Economics, Business or similar
- Knowledge of BI-tools (e.g. Looker) is a plus
- Comfortable with autonomous problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Lead by example and be hands-on with any issues you face
- Fluent in Japanese and English
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 150 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.