Restaurant Team Lead
Are you an experienced project manager with people management skills? Do you have a proven track record in process development and optimisation? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 100 cities across EMEA, servicing over 5M registered users.
We have launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for a Restaurant Team Lead to join our Restaurant team in Sapporo.
For Wolt, everything starts from restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of our success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations is split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Restaurant Team Lead, your role is to lead the whole onboarding part which currently consists of a number of Restaurant Specialists and Associates, who ensure that each restaurant is onboarded to the Wolt platform as efficiently as possible.
Our Sapporo office is the heart of our restaurant operations in North Japan. Which means that everything related to onboarding is done from there and your job is to build an efficient operation that supports efficient and high quality onboarding of hundreds of new restaurants every month, while also leading a superstar team of Restaurant Specialists and Associates.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading, recruiting and hiring our superstar Onboarding Team of Restaurant Specialists and Associates
- 360° Project management - identifying key priorities, creating a project plan and driving us through the execution phase
- Identify bottlenecks in our current process and optimise for speed while maintaining a high quality
- Scale our restaurant operations to support 5, 10, 20, 50 cities while onboarding hundreds of new restaurants to Wolt every month
- Manage capacity planning and work closely with our external partners to ensure we have enough resources to cover our restaurant support
- Define and develop quality assurance processes
- Manage the supply and demand of our restaurant gear (such as iPads, printers, etc)
- Ensure the content quality of every single menu that is published into our platform with clear process controls
Our humble expectations
- You have experience managing a team or project team
- You have a proven track record in process development and optimisation
- You have solid experience in project management - juggling multiple tasks and stakeholders
- Quality assurance is in your nature - you know how to define a solid process for this and drive it throughout your team
- You have strong prioritisation skills
- You are extremely proactive in identifying and tackling foreseen bottlenecks
- Fluent/near-native Japanese language skills is a must
- Industry experience and/or background working with restaurants is a plus
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Zak Hadadia, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and most recently Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.