Head of Retail
Are you passionate about Retail and on-demand delivery? Is your biggest passion for building new teams and new businesses? Can you simultaneously be hands-on with your team, whilst still seeing the bigger strategic picture? Then you’re in the right place - read on!
Although we’re best known as a food delivery platform, our Retail offering has grown massively in the last 12 months. Our Head of Retail will be building upon this early success and growing this segment as much as possible through the rest of 2021 and beyond!
Reporting directly to the local General Manager, the Head of Retail is responsible for leading the local expansion of Wolt from restaurants to additional verticals like grocery, florists, and more, focusing on strategic partnerships with large retail chains and smaller local shops while creating the strategy, optimizing venue performance on our platform, developing and improving existing business models and driving retail revenue growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and growing the retail segment in the country, leading to triple digit growth as fast as possible
- Creating the strategy for the new segment, which additional categories to pursue as well as geographical expansion priorities
- Building strong partnerships with large retail chains and create joint models
- Structuring and conducting negotiations both internally and externally to materialize high impact deals
- Building and leading a team of different stakeholders responsible for sales and the post-onboarding business development with both large chains and small local shops to enable growth and increase each partner’s sales on our platform
- Defining, implementing, and measuring the best practices for how we ensure our Retail partners’ success
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Working closely with marketing to develop and execution our Retail marketing strategy to increase the awareness of existing Wolt users for this new offering, as well as get new customer onboard
- Removing all blockers and collaborating with other teams internally to make sure operations run smoothly, the marketing is booming and we comply with relevant regulations.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience in commercial roles, ideally with P&L ownership, building business or operations from scratch both in terms of strategy and team building, but also execution and being hands-on with different subjects
- Deep understanding of Retail businesses, challenges and business models as well as familiarity with disruption in businesses that grow from old to new world
- Demonstrated ability to close partnerships with large companies and to engage and influence C-level executives, but also work with and influence small business owners.
- Experience as both a “hunter” closing deals and a “farmer” cultivating relationships and managing accounts
- You are curious, committed and enjoy taking on full ownership. Therefore, you will naturally take the lead and orchestrate the necessary changes together with the rest of Wolt to reach KPIs and improve our offering.
- Complementary to your social skills, you are structured and in control. On top of this, you form decisions based on data to the extent possible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Hebrew and English.
- Self-starter with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to succeed!
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.