Buyer - Global Procurement
Are you a people person that can successfully manage multiple internal and external relationships? Are you experienced in global sourcing, product management and enjoy working in an international environment? Are you a creative problem solver that likes moving in the fast lane? Are you seeking a dynamic environment where you can work proactively and autonomously? If so, then Wolt’s Global Operations team is the place for you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 100 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users - and this is only the beginning.
As such, we are now looking for a Buyer to join the Global Procurement within Wolt’s Operations team to help our city teams’ businesses and be responsible for our courier and restaurant partner gear. You will play a pivotal role in enlarging our supplier base and product portfolio, developing long-term strategy, scalable processes and sustainable business model across our entire base of operations.
The Operations Team of Wolt consists of two parts: the City Teams, and Global Operations. The City Teams across our locations are the heart and soul of Wolt. Every team is a startup within a startup, aiming to provide the best possible service for our customers while growing our business. The Global Operations team on the other hand, is a task force within Wolt that helps our city teams’ businesses to grow and scale. The team helps to drive long-term strategy, scalable processes, and a sustainable business model across our entire base of operations.
As a Buyer you will be responsible for putting our product portfolio and global supplier base to the next level. You will have a strong focus on enlarging our supplier base, drive the product development from start to the final global rollout and be the key driver for implementing our strategy to build a sustainable supply chain. This role needs good stakeholder management as you will coordinate and communicate with various stakeholders from the 23 countries that we are operating in as well as with different functions run in global operations and in the headquarter in Helsinki.
We are growing fast and always building and improving processes to meet new needs, so you will be in a key position of deciding what systems should be implemented to make your daily work easier and more automated. While you’ll get lots of help and support on the way, you are also expected to take the lead and make sure that procurement becomes an enabler for the company’s growth. This position is part of our procurement team and we are offering a unique opportunity to really get our gear to the next level and shape how we do things from the ground up.
What you’ll be doing
- Ongoingly source, develop and improve the gear for our courier and restaurant partners in our 23 countries
- Introduce a sustainable gear line and ensure a high quality of our gear
- Enlarge our global supplier base, ensuring we optimize total price on our key cost items
- Own the stakeholder management as a link between HQ and our Operations Managers globally
- Manage an 8-digit EUR spent budget for courier and restaurant partner gear
- Drive strategic procurement related projects across the entire organization
- Work closely with our Country and Design team on equipment specifications
Our humble expectations
- You have extensive experience as a buyer/product manager or similar positions
- Apparel is a big part of our product portfolio so experience in apparel is a must
- Experience with performance outdoor wear is a big plus
- You have experience from working with suppliers in the textile industry in Asia and worldwide
- You are a strong negotiator and capable of building good relationships across all levels
- You have an excellent attention to detail while always considering the bigger picture
- You have a hands on mentality and when you see something is not working, you are able to take the actions needed
- You are willing to travel approx 20-30 days annually
- You are fluent in English and eligible to work in the EU
- Location to be based in Copenhagen
If you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and work in a high performing team then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Marko Pavicevic, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.