General Manager, West
Are you a senior manager with an entrepreneurial mindset, relentless hunger for growth and will to build the best possible customer experience? Have you led large multi-functional teams in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Germany has the 2nd largest food delivery market in Europe. We see an opportunity to build a winning business in the market by offering a world-class customer experience with short delivery time, fast & local customer service and reliability. We have an appetite to expand to multiple cities in a matter of months.
We started from Berlin in Aug 2020. We have the local founding team in place, we’ve recently launched in Frankfurt and Munich and now expanding to the next cities. However, we’re only getting started. In just a few months, we are looking to hire thousands of couriers and hundred of other roles in our teams in different cities. We plan to work with hundreds of restaurants and feed tens of thousands of hungry customers. In four years, we want to build a multi-hundred-million-euro revenue business in Germany. Now, we are looking for General Managers to lead this effort in one of our business regions in Germany.
As a General Manager, you have full ownership of your region. Your mission is to build a great team and, together with them, make your cities better places for hungry people, for restaurants wanting to get more sales, and for couriers wanting to earn flexibly and fairly. If you are successful, you’ll be heading an organization of several thousand people and a business of multiple hundreds of millions of euros of revenue.
You’ll own your region's P&L and need to be both building the operation and growing the market while maintaining a healthy level of efficiency, steadily moving towards profitability. Your job will consist of analytical thinking, data-driven decisions, mastering marketing and restaurant partnerships, and building a world-class delivery operation with the support of an Apple-awarded technology company. It’s all there.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
- Become the CEO of your market and build a market-winning business in Germany.
- Build a scalable organization plan and processes. Hire a stellar country team in multiple cities, together with our recruiting function.
- Lead the team towards your vision of what Wolt should be in your country.
- Manage a P&L. Own topline growth, bottom-line investment and marketing efficiency.
- Refine your processes and get better and better while sharing your learnings with our HQ and other markets.
- Lead and guide your team to ensure a seamless experience for our customers, our restaurant partners and courier partners
- Build and maintain a scalable and healthy delivery operation with your operations team. Bring and develop Wolt’s framework of working with employed couriers in Germany
- Find, establish, and develop partnerships with our sales team. Secure must-have restaurant and retail partnerships
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your country.
- You have managed large teams with multiple direct reports and sub-teams in a growth environment.
- You have a background in high-growth and scale companies or management consulting. You have solid experience working in leadership, strategy and business development.
- You have been involved with recruiting and have a strong eye for top talent
- You have an analytical and strategic mindset where you will be able to make data-driven decisions
- P&L experience is necessary as you’ll be responsible for owning your new market and building the operation from scratch
- You have at least a Bachelor in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Fluency in German & English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Tony Honkanen, Head of Expansion - email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 150 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.