Manager, Strategy & Business Operations
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Founded in 2014, today we have nearly 3,000 employees, 80,000 courier partners and we operate in 160+ cities across 23 countries. We also have expanded our platform beyond food delivery into categories such as grocery, cosmetics and more. We are one of fastest growing companies in Europe, and with nearly ~1B$ funding from leading investors, also perfectly set-up for continued success.
While we are a tech company at heart, our success relies heavily on the performance of our 23 country teams. Our industry is both hyper-local and operational by nature. Therefore, our ability to deliver unmatched user experience is contested every day across all our cities.
We are on a path to build a global consumer brand. We are recognized as the industry leader in user experience and solid economics, proven by our track record in scaling our operations with extraordinary efficiency.
We are looking for ambitious, top performing talent to join our team and play a critical role in supporting our general management across our markets. Join one of the most successful growth companies in Europe, disrupt the delivery industry and improve the daily life of millions of people.
- Strategy & Business Operations team ensures that we hyper-grow our business profitably in all of our 23 countries. The sole purpose of our team is to ensure we as a company reach our strategic goals.
- We work across all areas that are top of mind for our regional leadership, including e.g. country team strategy, major investment decisions and more. In essence, we are trusted advisors to our regional leadership, with core capabilities in strategic thinking, people management and analytical execution.
- Our main internal customer is the general management team of our countries and regions. If they succeed in what they do, we succeed as a team.
- In addition to general management, we work closely with key functional leaders across dimensions such as marketing, product and operations, and drive forward company-wide projects with high strategic importance. We collaborate with our Retail team to untap the vast potential outside restaurant deliveries and make Wolt "The Shopping Mall in Your Pocket".
- Our team consists of strategic doers. We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO.
- Further on, our team provides you with the potential to explore various parts of our business, and grow professionally with the company.
- Our team is expanding. We are looking for multiple high performing individuals, with backgrounds across top-tier management consulting, investment banking and leading tech/platform companies
- Support the general management of our countries and regions. Concretely, this could mean crafting country-level strategies, finding new ways to improve ops performance (e.g. delivery times) and drafting action plans to improve profitability
- Go deep into numbers and make data driven business decisions. We have solid data on everything, key is to have a strong nose for value and understand what really matters
- Lead company-wide strategic initiatives and manage stakeholders across the entire business. Concretely, you could lead projects in areas such as new business verticals (Retail, Wolt market etc.), commercial projects (loyalty programs, payment methods etc.), customer & competitor insights (NPS, competitor tracking etc.)
- You will report to the Head of Strategy & Business Operations. Wolt is a global company and therefore you should expect some travelling to our businesses (as covid eases)
Our humble expectations
- 4+ years of relevant strategy experience from top tier management consulting, tech/platform ecosystems or investment banking. Leadership experience is required
- Excellent people skills. In order to make any impact, you need to be able to win members of our general management to your side
- Stellar capabilities in strategic thinking and analytical execution. Excel is a must, but you’ll find VBA, SQL and Python useful as well
- Drive, ownership and independence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Eligible to work in the EU, and willingness to (re)locate to one of our business focal points e.g. Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel Aviv
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Sameer Murtaza, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 80,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 160+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.