Managing Director for Payments
In short - we are looking for a Managing Director for Payments to lead Wolt’s internal payments compliance organization.
Frictionless payment experience and smooth partner payouts in a compliant way are absolutely integral to Wolt’s operations, to an extent that we’ve set up a completely new organization to focus on the topic. As a highly commercial, strategic yet hands-on Managing Director you’ll be leading all functions of this newly-established organization varying from operations, financing, stakeholder management all the way to product development - Yes, you read right, you’ll get to act as the vision-setter for building scalable payment and payout related product features as well (that’s so cool). Last but not least, you’ll be a key person in setting Wolt-like company culture within the payments organization.
As the Managing Director, you get to lead certainly one of the coolest payments organizations in Europe. You’ll be working cross-teams with the associated legal, finance, product and operations teams with the humble goal of building best-in-class payments practices. You are highly results focused and numbers orientated, able to see the bigger picture while dealing with the day-to-day. You love developing and implementing scalable and efficient payment operations and strategies to ensure consistent results.
To thrive here, you are both a strategic payment organization manager and an inspirational leader. You are a coach, decision maker and a strategist, a cheerleader (yes, some days suck but you need to keep up the spirit) but a firefighter and you excel in finding the right balance between all of these roles. This may sound like a standard Managing Director role, but rest assured, it's a lot more. The growth possibilities are endless and we are looking to indulge you with a lot of ownership and responsibility.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll have the global ownership of the payments compliance domain: As a Managing Director, you’ll get to be like a startup CEO. This includes topics varying from setting vision, driving growth, aligning resources to achieve the payment organization’s key goals, owning the P&L to attracting world-class talent to work with the payment organization.
- Stakeholder management: Reporting updates to the Board of Directors of the payments organization and corporate stakeholders, including the regulators.
- Getting things done: We are looking for a doer who proactively takes useful and strategic actions that no one told them to do.
Our humble expectations
- 10+ years of experience leading and scaling businesses at 5+ years in a management role from the banking/payments industry with hands on experience of building agile operations and processes from the scratch
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Proven track record of building success products and high performing teams from the ground up
- Prior experience in technology and/or product/engineering organization preferred
- P&L responsibilities at CEO or another senior level
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.