Head of Restaurant Partnerships & Development
Are you a sales professional with solid experience in managing a sales pipeline as well as managing and developing teams? Do you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset and want to be the key player in influencing how Wolt grows its restaurant portfolio in Hungary? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users. Our journey in Hungary started three years ago with a few people in a small office in Budapest. Fast-forward to today and we have a team of almost 150 people, we have over 2,700 restaurants in our portfolio, and we’ve launched in ten other cities with more to come!
For Wolt, everything starts with restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of Wolt’s success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support.
We're now looking for our next Head of Restaurant Partnerships & Development to lead our Restaurant team of 25 colleagues to ensure we have the best restaurants on our platform and to launch and successfully manage restaurants of all sizes. Reporting to the General Manager you'll be leading the Restaurant Partnership and Restaurant Development teams to shape the strategy for how we acquire, onboard and develop Wolt's restaurant partnership portfolio.
What you'll be doing
- Defining and implementing the restaurant sales strategy for the market to ensure we have the best portfolios.
- Building, improving and managing end to end sales processes (e.g. from lead generation to post-sales development).
- Taking ownership of growing Wolt’s Restaurants business and shaping the strategy on how we acquire, onboard and develop our partnership portfolio.
- Proactively managing and supporting our existing portfolio of over 2,700 restaurant partners.
- Evaluating the market potential - such as commission levels, mapping potential new areas, identifying gaps in the venue portfolio, and developing plans to achieve targets.
- Making sound business decisions by supporting intuition with data.
- Continuously training and developing the whole Restaurant team.
- Setting KPIs for the local Restaurant Team, managing sales performance and providing performance feedback.
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop.
Our humble expectations
- Demonstrable experience of being successful within a sales position.
- Solid account management experience from a high-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A natural ‘hunter’ with excellent communication and networking skills.
- High ownership and ambition to go beyond the obvious.
- A real foodie with good knowledge of the local restaurant scene.
- Experience from within the hospitality industry - especially restaurants - is a plus.
- Fluent in Hungarian and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Reija Oksanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 165 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.