Senior Accounting Specialist
Are you an experienced finance professional, with a real passion for delivering exceptional service in a collaborative team? Does an Senior Accounting Specialist role in a global tech organisation sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we’re now looking for an experienced Senior Accounting Specialist to help us focus on our local accounting efforts in Czech Republic . You will sit with the local country team in Prague but report to the Local Accounting Lead in Helsinki and work directly with the centralised Finance team. The Senior Accounting Specialist is responsible for local compliance and reporting, but as this is the first local accounting hire in Czech Republic, the role will also include setting up the local scalable accounting processes, while assisting the local teams with accounting related enquiries, such as payment follow-ups, explanations of reports provided to restaurant partners etc.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for local statutory accounting, reporting and tax compliance matters; including but not limited to; preparation of monthly closing procedures, preparation of local financial statements, corporate tax and VAT returns.
- Processing and booking of purchase invoices.
- Processing of expense claims.
- Co-ordinating and reporting local inventory counts.
- Development of local accounting, reporting processes and local internal controls.
- Assisting with local audit requests.
- Primary point of contact with local tax office.
- Primary point of contact with Finance dept in HQ.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience with local statutory accounting and tax compliance.
- Solid background in relevant bookkeeping or accounting roles, preferably from a multinational company.
- Masters degree in accounting or CPA / ACCA, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with IFRS is an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of autonomous problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable in undertaking both hands-on daily tasks as well as impacting bigger picture projects and roadmaps.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Prior experience in NetSuite is an advantage.
- Fluent in Czech and English, both spoken and written.
- Must be able to be based in Prague.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Victoria Asiain, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.