Regional Sales Lead
Are you a sales professional with solid experience in managing a sales pipeline as well as managing and developing a sales team? Do you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset and want to be the key player in influencing how Wolt grows its restaurant portfolio in Japan? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 160 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users.
We have launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for Regional Sales Lead to lead our regional acquisition team.
For Wolt, everything starts with restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of Wolt’s success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Regional Sales Lead, your role is to manage our restaurant acquisition and a team of Restaurant Partnership Managers in one of our 4 regions.
As the Regional Sales Lead you’ll be managing a team of Restaurant Partnership Managers, as well as going into the field and setting examples for your team to follow. Your job will be to improve Wolt’s restaurant portfolio by adding the right new venues to the platform and using data to determine the focus areas. You will use your extensive sales experience to provide tools, sparring and coaching to build on your team’s competencies and manage their performance. You will also form a strong communications loop with the Restaurant Onboarding & Support Team Lead, whose team is onboarding the partners your team acquires.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and executing a plan for the sales team to target gaps and opportunities within their market. This includes identifying restaurants that are a great fit for Wolt, as well as mapping out potential new areas for expansion
- Contacting and building relationships with potential key restaurant partners, and systematically managing the market’s sales pipeline
- Conducting negotiations regarding key partner terms, and understanding potential venue performance to set profitable business terms
- Making sound business decisions by supporting intuition with data
- Building and leading the Restaurant Team in the designated region, setting team’s KPIs, managing sales performance and providing performance feedback
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop
- Leading by example in terms of demonstrating Wolt values and behaviors
Our humble expectations
- You have demonstrable experience of being successful within a sales position
- You have extensive people management or coaching experience, ideally within field sales
- You have the ability to make sound business decisions while basing decisions on data
- You are a natural ‘hunter’ with excellent communication and networking skills
- You are a real foodie with good knowledge of the local restaurant scene
- You have a self-starter mindset and willingness to contribute to hands-on activities in a flat organization
- You possess experience from within the hospitality industry - especially restaurants - is a plus
- You are open for frequent business travel in your region of coverage
- You are fluent in Japanese and preferably business-level English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 160 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.