Head of Account Management
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown rapidly in the past few years - after launching our service in Finland in 2015, we’ve expanded to operate in 23 countries across Europe and Asia! Currently, we have more than 40,000 restaurant and retail partners on board.
We launched our service in Germany in August 2020 and have for the past year seen a rapid development in the market. We are now working with several thousand restaurant partners across Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Cologne, Hanover, Düsseldorf & Hamburg and are expanding further into new cities, regions and business verticals.
We are thus looking for a Head of Sales to take us to the next level when it comes to building our footprint across Germany and developing a portfolio that will drive strong customer retention and operational performance. In its simplicity this means securing the right partnerships with restaurants across Germany at scale and making sure we provide restaurants with the best possible onboarding experience. Hence building the organization and leading the team that owns the entire sales process from lead generation to getting them successfully onboarded.
This is a cross functional role that requires strong operational, commercial and sales acumen as well as people leadership to succeed. We are looking for a hands-on person that is excited about diving into the business and helping the team deliver on our ambitious growth targets. The Head of Sales will be a core part of the extended leadership team in Germany and expected to take an ownership mentality of the entire German country operation.
What you’ll be doing
- Grow our restaurant portfolio from thousands to tens of thousands of restaurants across Germany - today this is mainly achieved through field sales but we need to further build & improve our inside sales, processes and tooling efforts to get there
- Build a scalable onboarding setup that ensures a fast and a high quality experience
- Build, scale and lead a high performing sales team - today we are a team of +50 people which will grow substantially over the next 6-18 months
- Be the commercial spearhead - involve yourself and lead the big strategic & commercial discussions with key partners
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Cool office in the heart of the city
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Flat hierarchies in a family start-up atmosphere
- Attractive salary package including stock options plan
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment of your choice (MacBook, iPad)
- Various soft drinks, coffee, and fruits in the office
- Comprehensive internal educations
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Flexible working hours policy + 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
Our humble expectations:
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your country.
- You have managed large teams with multiple direct reports and sub teams in a growth environment.
- A solid track record from leading & developing high performing sales and commercial management organizations in a fast growth company ideally in the the tech or FMCG space
- Strong people leadership skills and experience in scaling an organization rapidly
- You have been involved with recruiting and have a strong eye for top talent
- You have an analytical and strategic mindset where you will be able to make data driven decisions
- Hands on attitude to problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German.
- Eligible to work in Germany.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover the best restaurants, grocery stores, and other local businesses and have them delivered to your home or office. Wolt works with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners in 23 countries and in over 190 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the best ratings in the industry, which is mainly due to our customer-centric approach to how we design our products and processes. For example, our customer service team responds in seconds and in the customer's language.
We have received more than 707 million euros in financing from renowned US and European investors, including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth. We were also lucky enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe", Forbes took our CEO Miki Kuusi was named 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020 the Financial Times named us the second fastest growing company in Europe. We are continuing to expand rapidly and are looking for more talent to join us. If you are enthusiastic about cutting-edge technology and good food and want to make a difference in your city, then Wolt could be just the thing for you.