Are you passionate about supporting business management through financial analyses and processes? Do you have solid experience in forecasting and budgeting and would like to work in the fastest growing tech company in Europe? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below.
While we are a tech company at heart, our success relies heavily on the performance of our 23 country teams. Our industry is both hyper-local and operational by nature. Therefore, our ability to create and deliver unmatched user experience is contested every day across all our cities.
As a Business Controller, you will be working closely with our senior management both in central functions and country operations. You will be a key contributor in supporting our growth story reaching new heights by providing business insights to our management, as well as developing our management reporting and forecasting processes. In this role you will have the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on how business control processes are built in a global, fast-growing technology company.
- The business control team ensures that our top management, both central and in the 23 countries that we operate in, have timely, correct and insightful information at hand for decision making. We strive to help and challenge our stakeholders to make sure we’re optimizing all aspects of the business.
- We’re responsible for Wolt’s management & investor reporting, P&L analysis, forecasting & budgeting processes and planning systems. Our stakeholders vary from our investors and top executives to country and functional leadership, as well as the wider finance team that we’re an integral part of.
- We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO. In this company figures really matter, which makes your role all the more important.
What you’ll be doing
- Run and develop Wolt's management reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes for selected countries and functions.
- Working with senior management at Wolt, supporting their forecasting and management work for our business with reports, analyses and business control processes.
- Develop forecasting methods and logic used for business planning at Wolt.
- Continuously support the development of tools, processes and systems for financial follow-up.
Our humble expectations
- Solid experience in business control, finance business partnership or similar.
- Skilled in data analysis and handling large amounts of data. Excellent skills in Excel are a must.
- Strong financial acumen: you understand the role and interrelationships of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment where you need to figure out solutions without anyone telling you exactly what to do.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, both in terms of understanding user needs and communicating effectively with senior management.
- IFRS knowledge and skills in SQL are a plus.
- Previous experiences using NetSuite or Oracle EPM suite are a plus.
- Degree in Business/Economics, Industrial Management or other financial degree
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Application deadline is Thursday, September 30th, although we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Komi, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.