Business Development Lead - Restaurants
Are you an experienced business developer that’s hungry for your next big challenge? Do you have previous experience in team leadership and enjoy using data to identify and drive business growth? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals or products from our restaurant or retail partners and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Sweden ever since we entered the market in 2016. As such, we’re now looking for a Business Development Lead to lead the local Restaurant Development Team. The Development team works with the existing restaurant partners and uses data-driven strategic account management to improve the partner's performance on Wolt and drive revenue growth.
In this role, you’ll be managing and developing a team of Restaurant Development Managers and Restaurant Specialists, as well as helping to manage some of the biggest clients. That means analyzing metrics, setting best practices, processes, tooling, and strategy, and evaluating the results. We’re looking for someone who has both strong analytical skills, leadership experience, strategic thinking, and a flair for improving key metrics to create results for Wolt, the restaurants, and ultimately the customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive growth of our current restaurant portfolio by optimizing venue performance in Wolt Sweden.
- Helping the team win by providing analysis that can be turned into concrete insights, actions, and business improvement opportunities. Identifying focus areas and opportunities to help us build best-in-class account management processes and activities, and be the voice of our restaurant partners.
- Participate in the process to set meaningful KPIs for the local Restaurant Development Team and provide ongoing performance feedback.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to maximize Wolt’s and our partner's performance - for example, planning and executing campaigns together with our marketing team.
- Supporting your Restaurant Development Managers with long-term restaurant relationships building, agreement renewals, consulting partners on market trends and activities driving our industry etc.
- Joining your team members' in-person partner visits, performing frequent quality and satisfaction checks to ensure service standards.
- Continue to build upon a skilled, ambitious, passionate, and results-focused account management team, to continuously raise the bar, add the best talent and drive accountability.
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop, support learning through coaching, guidance and actively promoting knowledge sharing among peers, teams, direct and skip-level reports.
- Leading by example in terms of demonstrating Wolt values and behaviors.
Our humble expectations
- Experience from business development, revenue management, management consulting, or similar where you have worked with projects related to driving profitability. Moreover, you like to execute and make things happen.
- Previous leadership experience and a positive 'can do' attitude.
- You enjoy digging into the data to identify pain points and opportunities. You are experienced in using different analytics platforms, CRM systems and performing the actual analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt the tone to suit the audience.
- Structured, detailed, and service-oriented.
- Passion for food and developing the best restaurants in town. Experience from the restaurant or Horeca scene is a plus.
- Experience within sales or key account management is an advantage.
- Experience from working in a similar fast phased environment is an advantage.
- Fluent in Swedish and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kristin Liiksaar, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.