Restaurant Development Specialist
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a true ‘service first’ mindset? Does a varied and challenging role in one of Europe’s fastest growing companies interest you? If so, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery and retail platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favourite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 200 cities across globally, servicing over 12M registered users.
We launched in Japan in March 2020 and from there, we’ve already expanded to over 25 cities with thousands of partners. We're now looking for our next Restaurant Development Specialist to provide world-class support to a portfolio of restaurant partners. This will be a mix of independent eateries and larger chains (and everything in between!), so there’ll be a variety of queries to answer and problems to solve!
We’re looking for someone that has a real passion for delivering exceptional service, and that is savvy with adapting their tone to suit the customer - you’ll need to be the person that can build great relationships with both the owner and the chef. Preferably you have some previous experience from working with data and have the ability to use it to strengthen our partnerships.
You must also be a team player and willing to chip in with tasks outside of the day-to-day - it’s important that we keep the ‘hands on’ ethos that has made our team what it is!
What you'll be doing
- What you'll be doing
- Driving growth of Wolt and partner restaurants in your region by improving managed accounts’ performance through a data-based approach.
- Owning a part of performance, quality, and satisfaction programs and contributing to improve programs based on data and insights.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analyses of venue performance and coming up with improvement plans with partners.
- Negotiating marketing campaigns and other initiatives to grow revenue with the support from the Manager.
- Responsible for the overall restaurant relationship post-onboarding under Manager’s supervision.
- Key communicator between our operations, support, marketing and restaurant partners.
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with restaurant partners.
- Getting your hands dirty: we’re developing a lot from the scratch. Your responsibility is to deliver results while optimizing structure. We expect you to feel comfortable under ambiguity and changes.
Our humble expectations
- Solid experience of account management in a high-pace environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt tone to suit the audience.
- Experience from analytics.
- Structured, detailed and service-oriented.
- High ownership and ambition to go beyond the obvious.
- Respect and passion for food and retail and developing the best delivery experience in the Wolt app.
- Native or complete fluent in Japanese and business level in English.
- Nice to have skills: SQL/Microsoft Excel/Data Visualization.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 80,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.