Head of HR Operations, Germany
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 180 cities across EMEA, servicing over 10M registered users - and we are just getting started.
The People Team at Wolt currently consists of about 50 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo.
We are continuing to grow and are now looking for an experienced and visionary Head of HR Operations, to lead our HR operations team in Germany. We’re looking for a person with a genuine passion towards the operational side of HR, previous experience of setting up and scaling HR Operations in a fast-growth environment, having a world-class employee experience at the center of everything. Your central focus will therefore be to build on those foundations and take our local People practices to the next level, with a laser-like focus on building a “best in the world HR” function. You’ll do that against the backdrop of rapid expansion in Germany, both in our core business and our newly-launched vertical, Wolt Market.
To succeed in the role, you will need to have a “builder” mindset and be driven to work under your own initiative. You need to be completely comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting stuck in and really driving HR Operations from the front!
What you’ll be doing
- Ownership of our HR Operations in Germany, including HR policies, processes and practices the HR Operations side of the HR team.
- Ownership of the HR Operations “service delivery” across all of our German locations and business lines. .
- Responsibility for our HR Operations team
- Ownership of our core HR / employee lifecycle processes, including continuous process development and improvement to support our continued growth
- Ownership of our payroll process and people data locally
- Working closely with our HR Compliance and Policy topics to ensure a well-working setup for Germany
- Having ownership and working with our “HR Operations related” vendors, to ensure our vendor landscape matches to the needs we have locally.
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background and multi-year experience from leading HR Operations, focusing especially on the German market.
- You have been working closely with employee life-cycle management, payroll processes, and HR data and document management.
- You have strong knowledge of the local legal landscape when it comes to employee legislation, collective agreements
- You have experience in setting up an HR team. You know what it requires to come up with the ways-of-working, processes, policies and the team to make your operation successful.
- You master modern HR solutions (preferably Workday), understand the basics of modern HR solution architecture and have worked with global payroll vendors.
- You possess a solid vision on what “modern”, technology driven HR looks like and what is needed for ultimate scalability.
- You are a strong communicator, near native fluency in German and English.
- You have a problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills and a willingness to take initiative.
If you are excited about working with the nicest of people, in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.