Global Head of Commercial - Wolt Market
Are you an experienced Category Director with proven experience in strategy, execution, negotiation, and team development? Do you have previous retail experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a Global Head of Commercial that is entrepreneurial, analytical and creative to help us make Wolt Market a place where customers love to shop.
As the Global Head of Commercial for Wolt Market you are responsible for setting the strategic direction for Wolt Market, focusing on customer experience, assortment, pricing and category growth, customer value, and profitability. You will serve as the leader of our category management function and own the playbook globally for all our categories, food and non-food. You will also work closely with country and data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local markets.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Set goals and strategic direction for the category management function, ensuring alignment with broader business goals and vision.
- Define Wolt Market’s assortment strategy and constantly update it at a country/city level to meet customer needs and optimise order economics.
- Have full ownership of category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Lead effective negotiations with suppliers at a global and local level to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Influence the design of the categories, as well as contribute to new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver growth.
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, and retail systems to drive operational improvements and grow the business.
- Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience leading global/regional teams and driving improvements in category performance.
- Experience in a retail, key account management/consulting environment with a proven track record of delivering results. Experience in category management is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team leadership experience is a strong plus.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Kristjana Thorarinsdottir, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.