Inventory Manager - Wolt Market
Are you an experienced Inventory Manager with a drive for optimization in all aspects of what you do? Do you have previous retail experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last few years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Georgia can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Inventory Manager to optimise our end to end supply chain while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
As a Wolt Market Inventory Manager, you are responsible for operational process improvements across our supplier base, to maximize product availability, selection and reduce waste. You will focus on identifying and delivering improvement opportunities around Vendor Lead Time, PO confirmations and fulfilment, efficient receive process, inventory placement, and reducing input costs. This role enables you to "hit the ground running" and make a transformative impact on how we manage the supply chain in one of the most exciting businesses.
In this critical role, you are going to help with redefining our supplier supply chain and to bring collaboration with our suppliers to the next level. You will be involved in all aspects of operational supplier management and Supply Chain optimization.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate ownership of supply chain efficiencies and play a critical role in helping Wolt Market to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that will continue to evolve and expand. They will produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of operational supplier management.
What you'll be doing
- Key areas of focus include identifying and delivering improvement opportunities around Supplier Lead Time, PO confirmations and fulfilment, efficient receive process, inventory placement, and reducing input costs.
- Drive operational process improvements across Wolt Market suppliers to maximize product availability, selection and reduce waste.
- Focus on vendor operational performance and strategy, and how this directly impacts the P&L.
- Produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of operational vendor management.
- Influence a wide variety of internal stakeholders, using effective communication and interpersonal skills to encourage other teams to support priorities and deliver results.
Our humble expectations
- Several years of supply chain, inventory management and/or project management experience with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Extensive experience in retail (grocery a strong plus).
- The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting, highly analytical and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Experience in using Excel and SQL to turn data into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Experience in building and managing partnerships with suppliers and/or external customers.
- Excellent business judgment, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Georgian.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jerome Marks, Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.