Since launching in Tel Aviv in 2018, we've grown beyond all expectations across the country! We're now in 25+ different locations in Israel (with even more planned) and we're adding new partners on a daily basis, offering everything from pizza to paracetamol.
Our local team of dedicated Wolters is now more than 600 people, and because of this we're looking for a new Payroll Accountant specifically to handle everything related to payroll. Considering the speed at which we've grown in the last 18 months, there is a lot that still needs to be built and organised - this position will give you the ownership and freedom to do just that.
As you've probably realised, there will be a lot to do from the moment you start in this role. We're looking for a "doer," someone who will take the initiative and get things done!
What you'll be doing
- Establishment of the salary process in the company
- Implementation of a salary system (this is currently outsourced)
- Prepare and manage the company’s payroll in Israel
- Manage employee's attendance process including new hires, terminations, vacation, military reserve, etc.
- Calculate, report and pay employees taxes to tax authorities in Israel
- Ongoing iteration with the insurance agency, including preparation of the relevant forms for new hires and terminated employees
- Act as point of reference for employee's payroll queries
- Prepare relevant payroll accruals, and balance the payroll against the general ledger
- Salary data review and control; making sure data is accurate and setting processes for improvements
- Work closely with our headquarters in Helsinki
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
Our humble expectations
- Certified Payroll accountant in Israel
- Experience in managing Payroll & Attendance processes within a high-scale growth global organization
- Solid working knowledge of payroll, including payroll tax, social insurance and compliance
- Experience with Argal/Hilan Payroll Software is essential
- Familiarity with the ADP interface would be an advantage
- Experience in preparing wages for part-time employees - an advantage
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of compliance and legal regulations for payroll & benefits
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, taking ownership and setting directions with minimal guidance
- Fluent Hebrew and English (both spoken and written)
If you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and being part of an extremely high performing team, we’d love to hear from you!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so send through your application ASAP :)
If you have any questions, you can reach out to:
Jonny Hyde, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.