Do you have a solid background in strategy and operations? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 210 cities, servicing over 15M registered users.
We launched in Georgia in May 2018 and have since then started conquering the food delivery scene in Tbilisi, Batumi, and Kutaisi.
This growth has been achieved due to the incredible drive of our amazing team - we're motivated to grow even more and as such, we’re looking for like-minded people to help us achieve our next goals. We plan to scale even more as we go into 2022 and our new Operations Manager will be a crucial part of this!
As an Operations Manager at Wolt you are the person in charge of the courier partner operation in your country. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one; either so that it arrives on time at the right location, or that if something goes wrong, it is handled amazingly well - in a kind and professional manner by our support team.
All of this requires both people leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty, and working well together with your General Manager, as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
What you’ll be doing
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Lead a team of 7 super motivated individuals based throughout Georgia
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Onboard, retain, and grow the number of happy courier partners on Wolt’s platform to ensure a healthy and sustainable delivery operation in the city
- Plan the supply of couriers for your city/cities and develop attractive schedules and earning models for courier partners
- Managing the payments of our courier partners
- Work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Lead the expansion into new cities in strong cooperation with the restaurant team
Our humble expectations
- You might have a background in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development
- This job requires strategic planning, but it also requires a lot of hands-on doing. You’ll get to both make the analysis and execute on it. This is why we wish you have the ability to combine an analytical mind with a hands-on, getting things done approach – while being great with people.
- You need leadership skills and the ability to show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- You’re able to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You’ll be working closely with your General Manager and the rest of the country team. It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation
- You're fluent in both Georgian & English
- You are willing to do what it takes and learn how to become a successful entrepreneur.
If you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and being part of an extremely high performing team, we’d love to hear from you!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so send through your application ASAP :)
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.