Expansion Manager - Germany
Are you a curious entrepreneurial doer with an analytical mind? Do you enjoy analysing and optimizing businesses? If this sounds like you, and you love to travel, then read further!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in Retail. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
To continue growing the company and ensure a solid foundation in each market, we need a strong team of Expansion Managers. Thus, our Expansion team is looking for a few new team members to join this fast paced rocket ship!
As an Expansion Manager at Wolt, you’ll travel across Germany to identify new markets and opportunities for Wolt to enter. Together with our Global support functions, you’ll take care of everything from greenlighting the market to launching it. In this role, you’ll build a business in a new market from scratch, putting together a team and finding the work space, and getting the business up and running. Once the foundation is established, you’ll jump on to the next adventure!
In this role, you report to our Head of Expansion in Germany. Our German HQ is in Berlin, but we are flexible with your home base as you will be spending most of the year across Germany, and ‘living out of your suitcase’!
What you’ll be doing
- Travel across Germany and evaluate the strategy, product-market fit, regulations, pricing, market
- Establish networks with local consulting, accounting and legal firms
- Find and recruit a country team, together with Wolt’s Talent Acquisition function
- On-board and train our new hires in the country team
- Work closely with the local General Manager & Operations Manager to build the country operations - everything from pricing structures, courier models to hiring the rest of the team
Our humble expectations
- Preferably experience from management consulting, entrepreneurial projects, venture capital, working as a business analyst, or other
- Preferably a degree in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
- Analytical mindset and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to understand, analyze, and optimize complex businesses
- Curiosity and entrepreneurship, high degree of business acumen
- Fluent level of English
- Eligibility to work in the EU
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.