Head of Marketing
Are you an ambitious Marketer with proven experience of creating brand awareness around your product? Are you obsessed with growth and delivering next-level marketing campaigns? If this sounds like you, we'd love to speak with you!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our food delivery platform. We've grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we're just getting started.
We have launched our services in Japan in March 2020, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. Currently we operate in over 10 cities and are growing rapidly.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing who can lead the overall Japan marketing strategy and regional marketing team!
The Head of Marketing is responsible for leading the local marketing team that is responsible for devising and executing Wolt's customer, restaurant & courier marketing in Japan. The position is tasked with maximizing the efficiency of our marketing investment while building an iconic service in Japan.
What you'll be doing
- Creation and implementation of the Wolt marketing strategy in Japan.
- Defining marketing targets, forecasting, brand strategy and long-term planning
- Defining performance KPIs that aim to maximise efficiency of marketing spend
- Planning and budgeting of campaigns and activities, timelines, channel allocation and execution
- Campaign project management
- Analysing the performance of all channels and campaigns
- Lead, grow and manage local marketing team
- Developing tactics and playbooks across different channels such as CRM, partnership, social & influencer marketing.
- Work with Wolt Japan business leadership of our regional teams to grow the business.
Our humble expectations
- 10+ years of relevant experience, such as managing a high-performing and efficiency-driven consumer marketing team where you have worked closely together with marketing
- Experience of owning a multimillion marketing P&L, forecasting, financial planning & budget allocation
- Strong leadership skills and past experience in leading a consumer marketing team in Japan as well as managing external providers.
- Prior experience in a fast-moving environment with a strong focus on achieving targets and getting things done
- Proven analytical experience in utilizing data to design, develop and execute multi-channel marketing activities
- Tech savvy and experienced with online analytic tools
- Strong creative writing skills and understand the appropriate tone of voice for various audiences
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- A strong creative eye and great understanding of producing assets for
- Ability to really own a project, work independently and ask for guidance when needed
- A background of online consumer products or services is preferred
- Excellent Excel skills
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.