Retail Account Manager
Are you an experienced and strategic account manager with a true ‘service first’ mindset? Do you have a strong understanding or interest in retail operations in Hungary? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
As Retail Account Manager, you’ll be one of our first superstar hires into this new segment for us in Hungary. Your focus will be on driving incremental revenue and providing the tools and support for our partners to make sure they thrive on our platform and increase sales while improving operational aspects. With this in mind, you need to be super passionate about account management and business development, but also able to adapt and change your tone and approach depending on the type of partner you’re working with.
On a personal note, it goes without saying that you’re a team player and willing to get your hands dirty as we build this new area of our business in Hungary! As time progresses and more Retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
- Successfully onboarding and training venues together with Retail Associates, providing them with all the tools and information to start working as soon as possible.
- Driving and managing Month over Month sales growth of our current venues and improving venue performance by measuring critical KPIs, strong analysis and frequent quality and satisfaction checks.
- Owning the partner’s assortment - suggesting which products should be listed initially, and working with the partner to constantly add/remove items to improve customer conversion.
- Working with the partner to improve overall sales and conversion rates by sharing tools and best practices to help ensure the partner’s success.
- Getting feedback from our partners and translating it into product, marketing and operations improvement
- Key communicator between our operations and Retail partners.
- Working closely together with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with Retail partners.
Our humble expectations
- You have proven experience from previous account management, business development or similar role.
- You are a self-starter, reliable team player with the ability to deliver results on-time and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You cultivate extensive mutually beneficial relationships
- You are structured, detailed, and service-oriented.
- Strong analytical experience and specific knowledge of analytical dashboards - for example, Looker or Power BI.
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a bias for action and impact.
- You have a proactive mentality - an independent thinker who can work with limited guidance but can deliver a successful outcome through grit and determination.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt tone to suit the audience.
- Fluent in Hungarian and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Reija Oksanen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 80,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 165 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.