Head of Retail
Do you have experience in building retail operations from scratch? Do you have a proven-track record of driving sales and growth? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Germany has the 2nd largest food delivery market in Europe. We see an opportunity to build a winning business in the market by offering a world-class customer experience with short delivery time, fast & local customer service and reliability. We have an appetite to expand to multiple cities in a matter of months.
We started from Berlin in Aug 2020. We have the local founding team in place and we’ve started expansion to the next cities. However, we’re only getting started. In just a few months, we are looking to hire hundreds of couriers and tens of other roles in our teams in different cities. We will continue to partner with hundreds of restaurants to feed our hungry customers. But that’s not it! At the same time, we will be expanding our verticals and soon step into the world of retail delivery.
Our retail business is a brand new arm for both Wolt and our users in Germany. As the Head of Retail you will have the ability to shape the strategy for how we acquire, onboard and develop retail businesses via the Wolt app.
You will also work together with the country team, including General Manager, Partnership Manager, Operations Manager, Marketing Managers and Head of Support to grow and develop Wolt’s retail partnership portfolio, doing whatever it takes to sign, launch and manage successful retail venues of all sizes.
What you’ll be doing
- Define and implement the retail sales strategy for the market to ensure we have the best portfolios
- Build, improve and manage end to end sales processes (e.g. from lead generation to post-sales development)
- Take ownership of growing Wolt’s Retail business for both big retailers and local shops through ensuring merchant success. This will be done by creating tools, reports, and processes to help merchants launch and improve performance on our platform
- Evaluate the market potential - such as commission levels in each retail vertical, mapping potential new areas, identifying gaps in the venue portfolio, and developing plans to achieve targets.
- Work closely with the marketing team to plan and execute campaigns together with retail partners
- Continuously train and develop the whole local Retail team
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Cool office in the heart of Berlin
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Flat hierarchies in a family start-up atmosphere
- Attractive salary package
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment of your choice (MacBook, iPad)
- Various soft drinks, coffee and fruits in the office
- Comprehensive internal educations
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Flexible working hours policy + 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid background in building retail operations from scratch - that means everything from defining the strategy to executing!
- You have demonstrated the ability to close partnerships with various company sizes (from C-level executives to small business owners).
- You’re process-driven and proactive - you know how to build a solid end to end sales process and you’re constantly looking for ways to improve
- You have demonstrated the ability to juggle multiple projects and you know how to prioritise accordingly
- You have excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Experience as both a “hunter” closing deals and a “farmer” cultivating relationships and managing accounts is a plus
- You’re a self-starter with willingness to roll out your sleeves and do what is necessary to succeed
- Fluency/near-native language skills in German and English are a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover the best restaurants, grocery stores, and other local businesses and have them delivered to your home or office. Wolt works with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners in 23 countries and in over 190 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the best ratings in the industry, which is mainly due to our customer-centric approach to how we design our products and processes. For example, our customer service team responds in seconds and in the customer's language.
We have received more than 707 million euros in financing from renowned US and European investors, including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth. We were also lucky enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe", Forbes took our CEO Miki Kuusi was named 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020 the Financial Times named us the second-fastest growing company in Europe. We are continuing to expand rapidly and are looking for more talent to join us. If you are enthusiastic about cutting-edge technology and good food and want to make a difference in your city, then Wolt could be just the thing for you.