Manager, Group Accounting and Internal Controls
Are you a finance professional with solid experience in designing and managing internal controls in a complex, fast-moving environment? Would you like to be in a key role in shaping how Wolt’s finance processes run? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As Wolt continues to expand, so does our team. We currently have over 30 finance professionals and we’re now looking to bolster our ranks with a highly proficient Manager, Group Accounting and Internal Controls.
In this role, you’ll play a key role in Wolt’s IFRS conversion and building our internal controls, while developing our group accounting and reporting processes in compliance with IFRS.
You will be building the control envinronment for Europe's fastest growing tech company from ground up, all the way to a world-class set-up that is compliant with a public listing in any market we might decide to IPO on, be it in Europe or US. The environment is complex and challenging, but you will have free hands to realize your vision, while enjoying the support of our wider finance team. This is a rare opportunity to make a lasting impact in one of Finland's largest consumer tech growth stories.
Our Finance team has a real ‘service first’ approach. We enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
We take accountability for our own projects and we take pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach!
What you will be doing:
- Design and development of our internal audit activities and procedures.
- Developing our group-wide internal control framework.
- Identifying and documenting key controls in each of our key processes and major functions to ensure risks can properly be managed.
- Developing and running our group accounting and reporting processes together with our Group Accounting Manager.
Our humble expectations
- Solid experience with developing group accounting in a publicly listed company reporting under IFRS.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing internal controls.
- Comfortable with taking broad professional ownership and having the experience to handle the full scope that this role requires.
- You have prior experience in a fast-paced environment figuring out solutions without anyone telling you exactly what to do.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics or Accounting and preferably ACCA or equivalent.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent MS Excel skills and prior knowledge about NetSuite accounting software is a plus.
- Ability to work diligently in a fully autonomous role.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Sameer Murtaza, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.