Global Head of Store Operations
Are you a problem solver obsessed with delivering amazing customer experiences? Do you love building and deploying systems and processes to drive automation and scalability? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and getting your hands dirty? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last few years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and a world-leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! This would not be possible or sustainable without a very strong operations function.
We are growing rapidly and have ambitious goals. As such, we are looking for a Global Head of Store Operations to build our end-to-end outbound operations globally. The role will be critical in defining the optimal systems, processes, and playbook for our store operations, optimizing for speed and efficiency.
As the Global Head of Store Operations you will have full ownership of all outbound processes. You are leading everything that takes place in-store after a customer has placed their order including picking and packing to ensure a great user experience and providing leadership to a team of operation managers globally. Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your operation.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent leader with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for identifying and leading process improvements initiatives and lean tools. Provide the footprint which will enable local teams to run fast and efficiently.
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to meet the overall business plan objectives.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of our global operation, focusing on speed, cost, and efficiency.
- Train operations managers globally on outbound best practices and ensure that global standards are met.
- Design & document all processes via standardized SOP documents, ensure collaboration of the countries & share best practices.
- Build and contribute towards global business plans.
- Partner with product teams to deliver best-in-class tools and systems that will contribute towards a more efficient outbound operation.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive relevant operational experience (e.g. retail/e-commerce operations experience, top-tier consulting firm, or a scale-up/innovative business).
- Experience in e-commerce or on-demand fulfillment is a strong plus.
- Proven experience in leading operating model design and innovation.
- Process optimization is in your DNA. Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
- Articulate communicator with great stakeholder management skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts simply and quickly.
- Leadership experience is a must.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- A hands-on, proactive, practical, pragmatic attitude.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Krista Allinen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.