Operations Associate - Wolt Market
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Croatia can order their groceries and have them delivered within 30 minutes!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for an Operations Associate to identify and view potential locations for our Wolt Market stores and negotiate the terms with different stakeholders. You’ll be part of making decisions on city launches, together with the Expansion Manager in Croatia.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent contributor with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Using data to analyze ideal locations for Wolt Markets in Croatia.
- Travelling around Wolt cities to identify and view potential Wolt Market locations.
- Negotiating favourable lease & renovation terms with landlords and real estate agents.
- Playing a big part in decision making in-country & city launches together with Expansion Managers.
- Being involved in developing the playbook of how an ideal Wolt Market stores look like.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders (food delivery teams, expansion team, global wolt market team and legal & finance) on real estate topics.
Our humble expectations
- You are a curious entrepreneur and you love to work in a fast paced environment.
- You’re ready to travel and live out of a suitcase.
- Ability to learn fast and improve processes.
- Ideally, you have worked in sales or real estate before.
- You have a hands-on and proactive approach to work.
- You are a good communicator in written and spoken Croatian & English.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn send your enquiries to:
Jerome Marks, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 150 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.