Global Partnership Manager - Wolt Market
Are you an experienced commercial or marketing leader with proven experience in building strategic relationships at a global or regional level? Do you have previous retail experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a Global Partnerships Manager that is entrepreneurial, analytical and creative to help us make Wolt Market a place where customers love to shop.
As the Global Partnerships Manager for Wolt Market you are responsible for building strategic relationships with top FMCG manufacturers, focusing on providing an amazing customer experience through improvements in assortment and customer value while also driving profitability through unlocking marketing and advertising opportunities for our partners. You will serve as the leader of our partnership model and own the playbook globally. You will work closely with country teams to define and develop a winning strategy that will allow us to win both globally and locally.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Set goals and strategic direction for our partnership model, ensuring alignment with broader business goals and vision.
- Define Wolt Market’s partnership model and constantly update it at a global level. Own the playbook and work with local markets to translate it into local strategy.
- Have full ownership of our global partnerships with key strategic suppliers. Negotiate mutually beneficial and collaborative go-to-market plans and execute on post-close marketing, brand or operational initiatives.
- Lead effective negotiations with suppliers at a global level to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Lead cross-functional projects to develop efficient, scalable processes to shift into a high-growth model. Working cross-functionally with counterparts across marketing, finance, and product is a given.
- Provide training to our category managers globally on unlocking opportunities with key strategic partners.
Our humble expectations
- Experience with brand management, marketing partnerships, and FMCG partnerships will help you succeed. Experience within food and beverage is preferred.
- Global/regional account management experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent communicator; strong business verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, creative, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Kristjana Thorarinsdottir, Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 50,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 90,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 180 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.