General Manager Baltics - Wolt Market
Are you a leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, relentless hunger for growth and will to build the best possible customer experience? Have you led large multi-functional teams in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
We’re now exploring the opportunities to run our very own grocery stores - Wolt Market. Thus, we are looking for a General Manager to lead Wolt Market in the Baltics. The General Manager for Wolt Market is responsible for building and expanding this new concept, delivering unprecedented convenience and world-leading customer experience for our customers from our very own grocery stores. People across the Baltics can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed!
As a Wolt Market General Manager, you have full ownership of your market, which essentially means you are the CEO of a startup within a startup. You own all recruitment, market expansion, category management, partnerships with suppliers, inventory management, food safety and operations.
You’ll own your market’s P&L and need to be both building the operation and growing the market while maintaining a healthy level of efficiency, steadily improving order economics and profitability. Your job will consist of analytical thinking, data-driven decisions, mastering marketing and supplier partnerships, and building a world-class operation with the support of our award winning technology and product teams. It’s all there.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you'll be doing
- Become the CEO of your markets and build market-winning businesses in the Baltics
- Expand your regional teams, together with our recruiting function.
- Lead the teams towards your vision of what Wolt Market should be in your region.
- Manage a P&L and take care of efficiency, profitability, sustainability and scalability.
- Refine your processes and get better and better while sharing your learnings with our HQ and other markets.
- Lead and guide your teams to ensure a seamless experience for our customers and retail partners.
- Ensure the maintenance of health and safety standards across Wolt Market.
- Find, establish, and develop new supplier partnerships.
- Create and execute innovative and viral user growth campaigns for consumers with the Marketing team.
- Work with our communications & PR to make sure that Wolt Market does not go unnoticed in the local press.
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit who is the soul of our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your region.
- You have managed large teams with multiple direct reports and sub teams in a growth environment.
- You have a background in high growth and scale companies or management consulting. Retail experience is a strong plus.
- You have solid experience working in leadership, strategy and business development.
- You have been involved with recruiting and have a strong eye for top talent.
- You have an analytical and strategic mindset where you will be able to make data-driven decisions.
- P&L experience is necessary as you’ll be responsible for owning your new market and building the operation from scratch.
- You have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a structured way.
- Fluency in English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Antoinette Kley-Gomez, Talent Acquisition Partner: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 50,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 100,000 courier partners across 23 countries and close to 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.