Accounts Receivable Specialist
Are you experienced in Accounts Receivables and have an excellent analytical mindset? Are you proactive by nature and want to work in a fast-growing environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we’re now looking for an additional Accounts Receivable Specialist to help us do so in the most efficient way. Accompanied by outsourced accounting, Wolt’s centralised Finance team supports our global business activities. This includes our HQ teams in Finland and Denmark, as well as our operations team in both the 23 existing countries in which we already operate and our expansion to new countries.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for invoicing, cash application, collection, reporting and development in our Wolt subsidiaries.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so thatbottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently. Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
What you’ll be doing
- Daily and monthly invoicing of sales across all Wolt subsidiaries.
- Maintaining an accurate Customer Master Data.
- Overseeing cash application activities and resolving related escalated matters.
- Collection of aged Receivables.
- Regular analysis of customer payment behaviour and recommendation for
- Carry out monthly reporting activities such as AR subledger reconciliation.
- Ownership of aged receivables management process and booking of bad debts.
- Management of credit risk: - Creation and monitoring of credit limits, as well as reporting and filing claims.
- Actively participate in AR development projects.
Our humble expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics or other financial degree or you will graduate soon.
- Hands-on AR experience or similar accounting tasks.
- Excellent MS Excel skills and prior knowledge about accounting software is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in autonomously solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Eagerness to learn new ways of working and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Solid background in Credit control/credit risk management.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Other languages are an asset.
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Marko Pavicevic, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Due to summer holidays, we will be able to get back to you starting from August 2nd. Thank you for your understanding.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact on packaging and sustainability in the food delivery industry, then Wolt just might be for you.