Packaging & Deals Manager - Global Procurement
Are you experienced in global sourcing and product management in the packaging industry and enjoy working in an international environment? Do you have the drive and the network to build a competitive food packaging portfolio for our restaurant partners worldwide? Are you looking to make a difference and to be part of creating concepts for the food delivery industry for more sustainable packaging solutions? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform - you can read more about our story below.
We are currently operating in 23 countries and 180+ cities. This new position is a part of the Global Procurement team, within Global Operations. Global Operations is a task force within Wolt that helps our country teams’ business grow and scale. Global Operations helps drive long-term strategy, scalable processes, and a sustainable business model across our entire base of operations. The role is based in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm or Berlin and reporting to our Head of Global Procurement.
In Global Procurement we want to offer competitive and sustainable food packaging solutions to our partners in 23 countries worldwide. You will use your product and market knowledge and your wide network of suppliers from the industry to build the right product portfolio and to drive it to commercial success. In this role you will report to and work closely with the Head of Global Procurement and you will be a strong stakeholder for our new sustainability manager to drive a more sustainable portfolio on concept and product level. This position builds a strong link between HQ and our restaurant teams globally and you will drive projects across the entire organization. Additionally, you will look into what other benefits and deals we could offer to our restaurant and courier partners (discounts, deals).
In this role, you’ll get support from your awesome team, but with your experience you are expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day. You will have a strong impact on how we do things in global procurement and will be a key driver in building new business concepts with a hands on mentality and taking on the unique opportunity to define and drive our packaging and deals roadmap.
What you’ll be doing
- Report to and work closely with the Head of Global Procurement to build a great offer of packaging for food delivery for our 23 countries
- Find sustainable solutions for our Restaurant and Courier Partner onboarding parcel boxes
- Setup other benefits and deals for restaurants and courier partners (partnerships, discounts, deals)
- Constantly source and enlarge our global supplier base, ensuring we optimize total price on our key cost items and build an attractive offer for our partners
- Own the stakeholder management as a link between HQ and our restaurant teams globally
- Drive strategic projects across the entire organization
- Work closely with our new sustainability manager to reach our sustainability goals
Our humble expectations
- You have extensive experience as a buyer, sales manager, or similar positions in the packaging or food industry
- You have the drive and the network to build a sustainable and competitive offer for our partners in our 23 countries
- You have a strong commercial mindset
- You are a strong negotiator and capable of building good relationships across all levels
- You have a hands-on mentality and when you see something is not working, you are able to take the actions needed
- You are willing to travel
- You are fluent in English and eligible to work in the EU
- You will be based in Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm or Berlin
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact on packaging and sustainability in the food delivery industry, then Wolt just might be for you.