Operations Associate, Expansion
You are motivated, flexible, hands-on, willing to travel across Germany and love working in highly-dynamic environments. If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We have launched our services in Germany in Aug 2020, and have since been painting the city blue. We are growing rapidly and are now looking for an Operations Associate to join our Operations team in Düsseldorf.
As Operations Associate, Expansion your aim is to move from city to city setting up all courier operations from scratch. You are responsible to seek new and innovative channels to drive courier applications, managing the courier onboarding process and ensuring courier happiness in the early stages. In this role not only do you get to see cities grow and prosper but you get to play a key role in Wolt’s performance and future competitive positioning in Germany, all the while getting to travel and see new places all the time.
Rest assured, no day is the same and there’s always something to do. We have ambitious plans. As such, you need to be adaptable, self-motivated, hands-on and driven to succeed. You must also have excellent interpersonal and community-building skills - we think service first at all times! An integral part of this role is to travel within Germany, so make sure you have the flexibility and motivation to do so.
What you'll be doing
- Entering new cities pre-launch and assessing opportunities and potential to drive courier applications
- Onboarding, retaining and growing the number of happy courier partners on Wolt’s platform to ensure a healthy and sustainable delivery operation in the early stages
- Delivering against ambitious KPI’s
- Managing initial Courier supply scheduling post-launch
- Ensuring a strong and stable application flow
- Holding Round-table meet-ups
- Taking care of all off-boardings
- Managing inventory (e.g. physically lifting courier gear to and from our storage and tracking supply)
What we offer
- Cool office in the heart of city
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Flat hierarchies in a family start-up atmosphere
- Attractive salary package including stock options plan
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment of your choice (MacBook, iPad)
- Various soft drinks, coffee and fruits in the office
- Comprehensive internal educations
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Flexible working hours policy + 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
- Excellent communicator and a big team motivator as you will have daily contact with our courier partners
- Ability to think analytically and use analytical tools, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Ability to lead by example and show the direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way
- A fast learner and attentive to both small details and the bigger picture
- Thorough and organized - you accomplish tasks with all ends tied
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- You can manage ‘freedom under responsibility’ and are able to manage your own tasks and schedule
- Flexible in terms of working hours, as you might need to work during weekends occasionally
- Preferably a background in training and guiding groups and individuals
- Fluent in German and English is a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.