Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, relentless hunger for growth and will to build the best possible customer experience? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 90 cities, servicing over 5M registered users. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Estonia ever since we entered the market. Now, we are looking for an Operations Manager to play a key role in making this happen.
As an Operations Manager at Wolt, you are the person responsible for the courier partner operation in your country. This means you are ultimately responsible for every order being a successful one.
This is equally a hands-on and strategic role as you will be onboarding, training and maintaining a healthy community of first dozens, then hundreds of motivated and happy courier partners. You also need to build and maintain a solid internal support operation, both for our courier partners as well as our customers. All of this requires both people leadership and analytical skills, getting your hands dirty and working well together with your General Manager as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you will be doing:
- Build the operations team in your country
- Work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives
- Setup and manage the food-delivery service by ensuring a kind, professional and thought-through user experience, all the way from our restaurant partners by our courier partners to our hungry customers
- Continuously improve delivery efficiency and KPIs
- Create and improve business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- Onboard, retain and grow the number of courier partners
- Plan the supply of couriers for your city/cities and develop attractive schedules and earning models for courier partners
Our humble expectations
- An energetic and resilient spirit is the soul to our culture, where you are constantly on your toes and seeking ways to build your country
- You probably have a background in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development from a high growth company
- You have solid experience with strategy and business development and an analytical mindset
- You have experience with managing a team
- You have at least a Bachelor in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Fluency in Estonian, Russian & English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Kristina Nikolic, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!