10 Data Scientists to Wolt’s Product team!
Analytics at Wolt is a business-critical competence team that covers three different teams — data science, product data analytics and business intelligence. In 2022 we’re going to further scale our data science operations at Wolt.
We're now looking to double our current Data Science team and searching for 10 Data Scientists to join our competence team of 30+ professionals working from Helsinki, Tallinn, Berlin, Copenhagen and Stockholm all united by our excitement to put Wolt’s valuable data assets into everyday use. 🥳
What you’ll be doing as a Data Scientist at Wolt
Data Scientists at Wolt are working with machine learning for the most important processes and parts of Wolt’s online delivery platform and business operations that affect all the 23 countries we operate in. The work consists of owning machine learning use cases as part of a product or business team; starting from identifying opportunities, to developing and prototyping a solution, all the way to deploying, maintaining, and improving a production-ready solution inside of the embedded product team. We use a variety of technologies and tools including Python, SQL, Spark, Docker and K8s, Snowflake, AWS, Flyte, Seldon Core, Airflow, MLflow, Kafka, Jenkins, and Looker to get the job done, and constantly looking for ways to improve how our data scientists work. 💪💪
As a Data Scientist, you’ll be embedded in one of our product/business teams and focus on and own that specific area together with a cross-functional product team. You’ll closely collaborate with Product Leads, Engineers, Designers, and fellow Data Scientists and Product Data Analysts. Some examples of areas with coming openings are search, recommendations & personalization, forecasting & optimization, pricing, operations & logistics, and marketing tech. These teams for example develop:
- approaches to improve and personalize how customers engage with and find our content (e.g. restaurants and retail items)
- ways for forecasting demand, and optimizing our Wolt Market operations
- approaches to forecast and influence supply (courier availability) and demand (orders) through different actions
- solutions to understand marketing campaign effectiveness and to predict customer behavior and many more
Our humble expectations
- You have plenty of hands-on experience with production-level data science projects — from prototyping to maintaining and improving production-ready solutions (i.e. ability and interest to handle a use case end to end)
- You have a deep understanding and experience with machine learning and solid understanding of statistics. Depending on the team and role, we’ll value experience with computer vision, deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP, Bayesian methods, and other approaches relevant to the problem domain.
- You’ve got knowledge of experimental design and analysis, as well as A/B testing
- You’ll have fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects, and experience with databases (SQL)
- You’re comfortable with a long enough list of buzzw… tools and technologies to be effective in your role. Some of the technologies we work with are mentioned in the beginning of this ad.
- You’re analytical and curious, we’re looking for a self-starter with a drive to get things done. Also as well a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people in- and outside of the team
- Ideally, you’ll also have a degree in a field relevant to data science
Our offering to you
- Small yet growing data science team around you - we’re aiming to double the size of our current Data Science team in 2022, so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a Data Scientist.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki or Berlin, or you can work entirely remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden and Estonia. You have the chance to decide the ways of working - a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the location above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- In addition to our country-specific benefits, our compensation package includes a monthly salary based on your expertise and stock options. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie. 🚀
- At Wolt, you’ll get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
Once we get your application, we can further discuss how to match your ambition with the different roles we’re having in the Data Science team.
If you’d like to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Jenni Kivikoski, our Group Talent Acquisition Partner for Analytics & Data Science at firstname.lastname@example.org at any given time. We’re always happy to have a chat. 👋
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!